The MBC Shisaku Fund is the first Japanese fund for prototyping. We fund 10 to 15 promising startups per year, half from Japan and half from overseas. We co-invest with incubators, accelerators and VCs, and have an efficient due diligence process that will result in funding a first round of manufacturing.
MBC Shisaku Fund
- We Fund Hardware Startups incorporated in Japan or North America that haven’t got IPO (private equity)/unlisted
- Regions*: North America (Canada and USA) and Japan.
- Stage: Seed/Early Stage Startups with a working prototype.
- Area: IoT related startups in growing industries
- Robotics, Sensors, Networking, Big Data Analysis, Medical Devices, Nursing Care, Consumer/Lifestyle, Environmental, Energy
- Amount: from 10 million yen (USD 90,000) up to 100 million yen (USD 900,000)
- Purpose: Prototyping Fees (Industrial Costs)
*Other regions to be covered soon. If you’re a VC interested to partner with us, drop us a message.