Smart Shopping is developing a human-less inventory management and auto-replenishment solution with the latest IoT scale “Smartmat” for corporate clients in the wide range of industries. The solution has officially launched in October 2018, and now available in Japan as well as other countries including the United States, China and Taiwan.
- Smart Shopping was found in 2014 with the vision of providing “the best shopping concierge in the world to make usual shopping more convenient” for all kinds of users, including elderly shoppers who can’t carry weight.
- SmartShopping developed the IoT scale Smartmat, which is equipped with the weight sensors that regularly monitor the weight of the products placed on the hardware and translate the weight into % or units, connectable to the PC as well as the mobile phone via Wi-Fi.
How does Smartmat work?
Once you receive a Smartmat, you’ll follow the steps below:
- With a smartphone or with a computer, you can connect the Smartmat with existing WiFi network (it takes just a minute!)
- Once the WiFi is connected, you just need to fill in weight-related data on the software management screen accessible via web-browser. Then it’s done!
- Keep the products placed on the Smartmat as the mat measures the weight on a regular basis (e.g. once in 1 hour).
- Once the remaining of the products falls below the threshold, then the Smartmat can make auto-replenishment on behalf of you via email, fax or web!
- Easy IoT solution to automate the inventory management and auto-replenishment – do not have to change the current operation drastically and much easier to install compared to RFID, AI camera and other IoT solution
- Make inventory management a thing of the past! With Smartmat, people can focus on more important and productive task
- Valuable consumption and inventory data. The weight data monitored by Smartmat can be used for optimizing the supply chain management, reducing the food waste and maintaining the committed clients by fixing the order channel.
Current stage: Mass-Production since October 2018 (now more than 12,000 units)
Small lot production developed by Makers Boot Camp: 20 prototype units
This Startup used these KSN Manufacturers
PCB & Assembly: Kyoso Technology
Manufacturing: Good Wood Kyoto